Saturday, June 10, 2006

Green Grass and Lakes

When I flew back to Minneapolis on Memorial Day, I called up the peeps in student housing and was told that a BBQ at the lake was in the works. I patiently waited for the Light Rail to take me from the airport back into downtown.

The walk from the Light Rail station to the parking garage was oddly quiet. There was literally no one else on the street. Maybe one or two cars, but no one else. Very strange. All I could hear was the sound of my rolling suitcase wheels on the sidewalk. I deposited my luggage into my trunk and walked over to 303.

Inside I found Anna and Nora happily cooking away for the "sides" of the BBQ. There was fruit salad, cookies, and the most potato salad you have ever seen. Ok not EVER .. but there was a lot. Here is Anna showing us the proper way to mix it all together ... with your bare hands!


There was one little thing missing ... a grill. So Cannova went to the store and found one for $10 - called BBQ in a Box. Sounded about right for our needs. The burgers and dogs could now be cooked and enjoyed.

Now at the lake I copped a squat and gazed out over the grass out onto the water. Dayna was standing there looking very pensive and knowledgeable about the meaning of life ... so I decided to capture her in all her pensive glory.


This whole going to the lake thing is a little strange to me, since people from here treat it the same as I would treat going to the beach. They have on bathing suits and walk around strutting their stuff (and sometimes their "extra baggage") and playing "beach" volley ball. Yep, the only sand I saw was in the volley ball court. This I guess is what people do when a coast and an ocean are not available.

Time for some pics ... Anna and Dayna!
Wait, was this an attitdue shot or a nice smile shot?


Attitude it is! (sorry for the fuzziness... i don't know what came over me)


And of course I had to take a cool artsy pic.


We did bring something to join in on the BBQ at the lake fun ... a Frisbee!!
Notice how Cannova can not only play, but ALSO drink and smoke all at the same time. (*this blogger does not condone smoking)


So now I can say that I have seen one of the 10,000 lakes that Minne has to offer.
And it was quite nice.

1 comment:

Calenna said...

Ok, so I am doing some leisurely blog-reading on my sunday afternoon.. and i just realized that you STILL have this blog! How will I keep up with the adventures of LH now that there are TWO blogs! Can you write mine for me please.. HA!