Sunday, July 23, 2006

Picture essay of Chicago

Here are some pics of Chicago - the parts that I have seen so far.

The Buckingham Fountain
(also known as the Married With Children fountain)

Street performers!



The Pritzker Music Pavilion - designed by Frank Gehry.

Part of the downtown skyline from Millennium Park.

One of the lake beaches - right next to downtown.

Me with my new towel.

All the pretty boats, kind of reminds me of San Diego.

Beau on the art/bench.

Me on the same thing.

A mall that we stumbled upon that looks to be made all of glass.

Art in front of the mall. "Monument with Standing Beast" by Jean Dubuffet (1984).

The Sears Tower! So high!!




And here are some pics of the people that I live with and the people I work with.

Me with Nina and Anna - our German roommies.

My partner Beau, our co-worker Geoff (he's Canadian) and me. Representing Hadrian's Wall ad agency!

Nina and Anna

Me and Geoff

Beau and Adam, another of our roommates.

Me and Adam.


Last Tuesday night our boss got us tickets to go see a Cubs game at Wrigley Field, it was awesome. We had seats under the level above us so we were in the shade, which was very nice. Here is our view of the field.

And we had to get the famous Chicago Dog - a hotdog on a poppyseed bun with grilled onions. Mmmm, actually really REALLY good.

And the famous Wrigley Field sign - Cubs Win!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wrigley! That's awesome. Still on my list of MLB ballparks to see. I guess I should start with Dodger stadium...still haven't been there after all these years!!