Sunday, October 16, 2005

Moving into the flat

Here I am, in London! I am living in a flat with 5 other girls and only one bathroom. I know, it sounds like trouble, but actually it's not that bad. The living area is pretty big and then there are 2 bedrooms with 3 girls in each. I am rooming with my 2 good friends from Miami - Anne and Stefenie. So far it's been good times, except for the oddly sized Ikea beds. We were told to bring full size sheets, but had a heck of a time trying to balance (because they are lofted like 8 feet above the floor) and squeeze on the fitted sheet to the "mattress" (which is more like a box spring and mattress combination that failed horribly) which is slightly larger than a US full size. Just enough bigger that it is frustrating. But other than that the flat is pretty cool.

We go to Saatchi & Saatchi everyday for class and are working on plenty of briefs. We try to fit in as much sight seeing on the weekends as we can. We went to Big Ben already and are planning a trip to Stone Henge. We also want to go to the London Dungeon nearer to Halloween. I have been to these awesome outdoor markets and bought way too many necklaces ... but they are so pretty!

Getting around in London is exhausting. We have about a 45 min one way trip to and from Saatchi everyday. We have to catch a bus to the Tube station, then take the tube to another station where we get on a different line, then we finally arrive at our last stop and walk about 3 blocks or so to Saatchi. I don't think I have every walked up and down so many stairs in my life. I better have some amazing looking legs after these 3 months! And in the Tube they don't seem to have heard of air or ventilation. It is freaking hot on those trains. And they really do jam pack people in there! I get to work and I feel like my morning shower was almost pointless because I have sweat so much in the commute. But we are getting more and more used to it and pretty soon we'll all be Tube pros. :)

I will be adding some pictures of everyone soon!

No comments: