Tuesday, February 28, 2006

11 days and Counting

That's right. I am done with my internship in Prague on March 10th, then it's off to Athens, Greece on March 11th. How I long for the 60-70 degree weather my widget tells me they are having there. Maybe I can even NOT wear three layers for once! Joy!

But really, I have loved Prague. Ever since I started at the Miami Ad School in Fall of 2004, I knew I wanted to make it to Prague at some point. The city is beautiful, and they serve fried cheese on the street corners. The beer is seriously cheaper than the water, and it's delicious at that.

The people are hot and cold. We went into a souvenir shop in the touristy part of town and the sales people would NOT smile at us. It creates a rather uncomfortable environment. Especially when you smile at them and are returned with a Stone Cold Stare. If you're ready for some friendly interaction around here give he a HELL YEAH!! (ok sorry, wrestling reference there).

I was able to try some different foods and actually didn't hate all of them. They are really big on meat and gravy here, which is not all bad. Unless you are craving some salad. It took me till end of week seven to finally find some lettuce for sale in a grocery store. Speaking of grocery stores, they have a funny little system here. You bag the fruit and veggies you want, then you have to go to a scale and punch in a number and get a ticket printed out to stick on the bag. Kinda fun actually. When Anne and Anna came to visit me they each got to do it. :)

We made some friends along the way. Lucy the Czech girl I met on New Years. Beast - the nice German guy we met from MySpace (actual name Sevan), Karoline the nice Canadian/Czech girl studying medicine with the low down on student friendly (read - cheap) places to go, and Danielle and her boyfriend Cliff - fellow expats from Cali who moved here for his job.

Now I am into the *crunch of all *crunch times. So excuse me if I don't have another post before I leave for Greece. But you can bet your buns that I will have pictures to show you from that. Oh, I almost forgot. We are supposed to be going to the Czech mountains this weekend as a part of an agency weekend. Should involve karaoke, giant balls, and snow. I'll keep you posted.

bet your buns
cheers

No comments: