Tuesday, February 21, 2006

My Blue Heaven

This past weekend here in Praha the sun actually came out and I was able to see BLUE SKIES!! That's right folks, blue skies are here again! At least for the weekend anyways. (they have since disappeared and now I am told it is gonna snow today). So I went out like the photo happy gal that I am and snapped some pictures of Prague in the sunlight.

The sun brought out all the tourists too! I must have taken a dozen pictures for people. I guess they see my huge Nikon around my neck and assume I am safe to trust with their cameras. This is on Charles Bridge.

The Old Town Bridge Tower at one end of the Charles Bridge.

Some cool statues on and around the Charles Bridge.


This pic is for Stef - a VERY cute old man and his one-man-band-stand. Complete with Curious George monkey (for Anne).

A cute little town fair type thingy right at the other end of Charles Bridge.

They had a bunch of little booths set up where they were selling everything from hand made iron figures to stuffed sheep (stuffed animals that is, not actual sheep - that would be gross), to baked goods...

And candy!!

Some views of the Vltava River


Then I went to the Lennon Wall. During the 1980's this became a place of pilgrimage for the city's hippies, who dedicated it to their idol and scrawled messages of love, peace, and rock 'n' roll across it. The secret police painted over the graffiti only to have John's smiling face reappear a few days later. This continued till 1989 when the wall was returned to the Knights of Malta who were about to whitewash the graffiti when an unlikely Beatles fan (the French Ambassador) came to the rescue.

Now off to Wenceslas Square!



The National Museum

A nice contrast of colors - the yellow building with the blue sky!!


So there you have it, Praha in the sunlight. It's back in the gloom for us now but I can only hope that the sun will come out... tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's beautiful and wonderful.I feel tradition in your town.