Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Cows Have Come Home

Or at least they have come to Florence. Yes, Cows everywhere. There was some art festival going on that consisted of getting one of the 3 versions of a cow and decorating it to your heart's content. Here are some of the more memorable and just plain weird ones for your viewing pleasure.

The actual titles are in Italian, and in the parenthesis I have included what I like to call them :) Click on the pic to see better detail in a new window.

Mucca in Citta (Cow in the City)

Eccentrice (Blacklight Art Cow)

I call this the Butcher Cow - couldn't find the actual name of it but I think I am pretty close.

Galattofonte (Boob Cow - the face. Love the lactating action)

Boob Cow, the body.

In Love (Hand & Butthole Cow)
Apparently this one needed protection from the Italians ... not sure why exactly.

Moo Jeans (They hit the spot with this name)

Caro Mucca (Road Sign Cow)

Again, no name for this one since it was blown off of it's stand by the freezing arctic winds.
I call it Muscle Cow.

Muzzz....le (Puzzle Cow)

Newgenetic Cow (Twin Fetus Cow)

No name for this, but come on...
Cheese Cow!!

At this point I was freezing so I snapped a picture of all three of these and didn't get their official names. But I call them Day of the Dead Cow, Radioactive Cow, and Landscape Cow.

The End


So as you can see, the cows have clearly come home. Weather we wanted them to or not.

No comments: