Wednesday, January 04, 2006

When in Rome

As you may know, I went to Rome over this past break for five glorious nights. I stayed in a very cool hostel - Yellow Hostel. I recommend it to anyone traveling to Rome. Each room has a theme and is accented accordingly with funky air-brush style graphics. My room was The A-Team, complete with Mr.T faces all around. I pity the fool!



And yes, it was here in this glorious city that I spent my Christmas. Here are some of the Christmas trees that were up around the city.



On Christmas the hostel held a little party - complete with a California King Sized (that's bigger than a regular king ya know - us California peeps have to one up everyone) game of Twister. That's right, everyone's favorite party game. I didn't actually partake in the games, but I was a caller at one point. But then again, everyone was really a caller, all you had to do was shout out a body part and a color.

Ok, now on to the good stuff - the pictures of Rome! Seeing as I took WAY too many pictures to post on here, I have painfully narrowed them down to the best (or at least the ones I think are the best). Enjoy!

The Colosseum


View of the Roman Forum (ruins) from the Colosseum


Inside the Colosseum


Wall of the Colosseum against the sky (what a beautiful day huh!)


The Roman Forum


A column


Detail of a flower that was once part of a column


Statue in the Roman sunset


The Pantheon


Not sure of the exact name of this bridge, but I call it the Bridge of Angels. If you have read Dan Brown's book "Angels and Demons" it is the bridge leading up to the Illuminati secret meeting place.


The Vatican and St.Peter


Square in front of St.Peter and fountain


City of Rome in the sunset


View down on the St.Peter's Square


The top of St.Peter's (I climbed the stairs to the top, all 350+ of 'em)


Fountain at night


Part of Rome near the Spanish Steps. Nice palm tree, kind of reminds me of home :)


That's it for the pics, if you want to see more then hit me up in March when I return to San Diego. I also have many stories - including being hit on by waiters, getting free wine from waiters, being stared at while I ate my whole meal by waiters, umm did I mention the waiters??

Still to come, my pictures from Florence...

1 comment:

Dayna said...

Breathtaking. Seriously! Lucky you.