Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Finally Arrived!

Well I finally made it! I am now here at the agency getting my bearings straight and trying to remember the locations and names of everyone that I just met. Knowing me it'll take me a little longer to commit them all to memory. We got our first two briefs and are ready to start on cranking out some ads!

New Years in Prague was fun. They really like their beer here, and their fireworks. I went to a pub with some people from the agency. Then we walked up to the top of a snowy hill (which was harder than it sounds being as though I didn't have any snow shoes yet and that uphill climb on slippery snow is actually pretty hard) to watch the fireworks from everywhere. Everyone had their own stash and sets them off. We popped some bottles of champagne and celebrated the start of 2006.

Then we all headed down the hill back towards the bars. And by "we all" I mean EVERYONE on the hill. So of course I got separated from the group I was with because I was arguing with this French guy (in half French and half English). He said something about how I couldn't reach the "Top Level" because I was a woman. Well needless to say that was not a good thing for him to say and we had a discussion. I then noticed no one I knew was in sight. So I ran into this guy on the street who turned out to be from LA and he owned a bar. He took me inside and introduced me to some other English speakers, and I hung out with them the rest of the night. I even made a new Czech friend to show me around town, Lucy.

Well I guess I better get started on some work or something now. More to be posted soon!!

Much Love.

No comments: