Thursday, December 29, 2005

Snow, pretty yes but it's a bitch for traveling...



Yes, I will wait for all the "Oooo" and "Ahhhhh"ing to pass as you look at the lovely white blanket of snow draped across the trees of the rolling countryside.....

Done? Ok, now I too would enjoy this beautiful view if it were not for the fact that today was the day that I was supposed to do a whole lotta traveling. I started in Florence, then was supposed to go to Rome, then to London, then finally to Prague. Right now it is 8pm and I am sitting in the London airport. Things got a little knocked off course, and there were no dancing and singing snowmen to help me on my way (where were you Frosty??)

Turns out the Florence airport was closed - because of the snow. Then there were no taxis running to take me to the train station - because of the snow. Then the first couple trains out of Florence were canceled - because of the snow. And I missed my connection in Rome to London - because of the snow. Then I missed my flight from London to Prague - because of the snow. And now I am waiting for my flight which has been canceled - can you guess why??? *all together now ... Because of the snow!

But no fear, I am sure as soon as I get to Prague and get all settled and "stuff", I will go out and frolic in the snow. Maybe even lay down and make a snow angel. Maybe. If you're lucky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://englandsnow.blogspot.com/