Thursday, December 15, 2005

Tea Time

As a last farewell, all the remaining London girls decided to go out with a bang and go to a traditional English high tea. It was Anne, Stef, Sara, Erica, and me. We went to a beautiful hotel called the Park Lane Hotel. The room we had tea in was decorated in a 1920's style. Very pretty, and very suitable for tea. We had very comfortable seating - plush couches and chairs. (could I say very one more time?) There was supposed to be a guy that came around and filled our cups with fresh tea for us, but he didn't come often enough for us! We just ended up doing it ourselves, and he "caught" us once and told us we were doing his job. Haha, oh well!

I had the Pear and Vanilla tea - highly recommended. We ate a tray and a half of mini sandwiches, a tray of scones, and then we each had two little desserts. All in all a very good experience and a nice way to catch up on our last night all together. *tear

The Hotel front, all decorated for the holidays.

The delicious sandwiches.


After tea we wondered outside to catch a bus home and we were hit with the quintessential London evening. Foggy! I looked down the street and I saw the fog, a classic red phone booth, and a black cab. All very London, so I snapped a shot.

Then I decided to be a bit goofy and take the "I'm in a phone booth pretending to talk" shot.

But was surprised with all these "flyers" that covered the inside of the traditional red booth.

Cheeky ole London!

No comments: