Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Land of Skyscrapers

Downtown Minneapolis, where I am pretty much everyday because I work and have classes there. And all of my friends live there. I will say that it is a little scary walking down the street, and I never go alone at night (god forbid). Has anyone seen the news here in the past two weeks I have lived here? Shootings. Yep, seriously.

But don't be scared, I wasn't near them. I do get constantly asked for money from the MILLIONS of people on the street (nice way of saying bums). And I even got dice thrown at me - not thrown as in they wanted to hit me with them, but more like rolled at me. As I was walking. Down the sidewalk. With Anna. The guy then yelled after us ... "What'd I get?" I looked down and saw that one was on the crack so I said, "Nothing, it's on the crack".

Big mistake. They proceeded to yell after me to come back and play with them because apparently by my saying that they came to the conclusion that I know how to play. Humm.

So I haven't had time to dork it up yet (that or I am still trying to find the courage to wander outside with my big camera) and take photos of the area. So here is one I took while doing a class assignment with my mini Nikon. Oooo, tall buildings.



The peeps in the MAS school flat smhoozing it up.


Gotta go back to work now. Anyone have any insights (positive only please) about MySpace?

Blog ya later...

No comments: